YOUTH OPERA PROJECT
Professional Training plus Performance Opportunities for Ages 8-18
SEPTEMBER 2019 – MARCH, 2020
PLACEMENT AUDITIONS MAY 8, 2019
Students will explore stagecraft, singing, acting, dancing, and more. At the end of the season, all YOP participants will perform on stage at the Bomhard Theater in our fully staged production, Robin Hood.
Participants will work with professional teaching artists in an exciting and enriching environment. No prior experience is necessary.
Members of the Youth Opera Project will also be selected to perform for Kentucky Opera events throughout the season including the children’s chorus for Carmen.
- The Youth Opera Project accepts all interested participants, regardless of skill level and prior experience. The auditions are an opportunity for our team to hear and meet you as we consider where best to place you in the program. Select auditionees will be chosen to sing with the MainStage production of Carmen.
- Additional performance opportunities will also be available throughout the season.
- Placement auditions will be held Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Please prepare 1-2 selections to sing from memory. Classical, musical theater, religious songs, art songs, folk songs are all welcome. If you do not have anything prepared, we welcome your best rendition of “Happy Birthday”.
- Please bring a copy of the sheet music for the provided pianist.
- Please bring a resume (history of your prior experience) if you have one.
- Once your registration is complete, you will be contacted to confirm a placement audition time.
Youth Opera Project registration open now.
$25 Registration fee is nonrefundable and is applied to the program fee.
Available to students 8-18
Rehearsals: Monday evenings, September 2019 – March 2020 on the second floor of the ArtSpace building, connected to the Brown Theatre. 323 West Broadway, Louisville KY, 40202. Additional rehearsals will be scheduled leading up to performances.
Program Fee: $700, payable in monthly installments. There is a non-refundable registration fee of $25, which is applied to tuition. Limited financial assistance available.