One of Mozart’s most beloved operas, FIGARO continues the plot of THE BARBER OF SEVILLE, and recounts a single day of madness in the court of Count Almaviva. What follows is a raucous adventure celebrating love and triumph over conflict. You can read a full plot synopsis here!
The touring production will feature the up-and-coming talents of our Studio Artists, who rehearse and train here in Louisville, KY. Starring:
- Zach Owen as Figaro
- Elena Galvan as Susanna
- Tyler Alessi as Count Almaviva
- Melinda Whittington as Countess Almaviva
- Courtney Elvira as Cherubino
- Melisa Bonetti as Marcellina
- Josh Wheeker as Basilio/Don Curzio
- Brandon Coleman as Bartolo
- Natasha Foley as Barbarina
- Phillip Bullock as Antonio
with production by:
- Scott Arens: Répétiteur
- Lisa Hasson: Music Director
- Michael Ramach: Stage Director, University of Louisville School of Music
- Mo Stucker: Stage Manager
FIGARO promises to surprise and delight audiences throughout the tour. To learn more about our Studio Artists, and our Studio Artist program, click here!
Although we are presenting a concert version of FIGARO, we’re excited to announce that we will be including selected production elements, including props, costumes, and staging. Enjoy the beauty of Mozart in an intimate setting, complete with live piano or orchestral music right on stage!
This year, our tour makes four stops in the region: :
- Tue., Sept 29: Hanover College, Fitzgibbon Recital Hall, Hanover, IN
- Thu., Oct 1: The Carnegie, Covington, KY
- Sat. Nov. 14: Cannon Hall in the River Park Center, Owensboro, KY
- Sat. Nov. 21: The Long Center, Lafayette, IN
All shows will begin at 7:30pm. Make sure you click on each location for ticket information.
Kentucky Opera is excited to bring THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO to our regional audiences, and we hope you’ll join us for one or more of these very special performances.