Position Title: 2018-2019 Kentucky Opera Arts Administrative Internship
Reports to: Director of Operations and Advancement
Status: Part-Time Internship, Exempt
Date: April 4, 2018
Organization: Kentucky Opera is a not-for-profit performing arts organization based in Louisville, KY. Kentucky Opera’s mission is to enrich and engage our community through spectacular music, creative storytelling and the thrill of the human voice.
Position Summary: KO is looking for a self-motivating intern who is interested in arts administration, and has the ability to multi-task. This internship position will work closely with all departments including Development, Special Events, Marketing, Production, and Education. This candidate will learn the intricacies of each department and its operational needs. This position will be overseen by the Director of Operations and Advancement.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Routine clerical support
- Assist in grant reporting/writing, donor cultivating, and development support for KO
- Research for new grants, foundations, and corporations to apply for funding
- Assist in marketing such as media, print and digital materials, and social media
- Financial data entry support (Raisers Edge), donation entry, report creation, regular creation of acknowledgement letters
- Assist with event administration such as taking RSVPs, attendance lists, nametags, place cards, meal orders, thank you letters, reminders, setup, raffles, and other related tasks
- Help prepare for special event mailings: mail merges, prep, stuff, and mail envelopes, and assist in hand addressing invitations, stuffing, and stamping.
- Assist with prep for all Special Events (but not limited to) such as the Cast Parties, Light Bites, Opening Night Celebrations, Patron’s Circle Parties, 2019 Carnevale Gala, and 2019 Sidecar.
- Assist with any special projects as needed.
- Assist with meeting support such as send notices, compile meeting materials, and setup meeting spaces
- Assist in staffing all three 2018-2019 MainStage Productions
- Participate in education support for Lunch & Listen, Final Dress Rehearsals, and others
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly recommended for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors at an accredited college or university
- Own transportation is preferred.
- Some nights and weekends are required and will be scheduled in advance with his/her supervisor.
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds
Hours: The Kentucky Opera Internship position will require a consistent schedule of 12-15 hours per week. Hours are subject to change based on intern’s availability and KO’s programming needs. Nights and Weekends will be required during the season. Internship will begin August 2018 and end May 2019.
Compensation: May receive credit for qualified classes
To apply: Please send a resume and a letter of interest to Sandra Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org.